Friday, September 17, 2010

Seen at BYU

Alright, I've never blogged before, but I figured I better do one! Why, do you ask? Because I post way too much on facebook, and instead should be making these more like journal entries, to record past events!

First off let me just say that I am looooving being married to my hubby Jeff. He is the greatest guy I could EVER ask for!!! We are having so much fun and have been married just over 6 months now! YAY! Recently, we started school. Amazingly enough, we actually get to see each other MORE now than we did during the summer when we were both working full time jobs. Unfortunately for me, most of the time we "see" each other, I am doing homework while he is chilling watching tv! I am taking lots of hard classes this semester which I really enjoy. But the 5 classes with about 50 pages of reading per class equals about 125 pages of reading I'm doing every single day!!! YIKES! But, I am working harder than I ever have in school before, and I hope to maintain that attitude throughout the semester. Okay, confession, I'm actually supposed to be reading for History right now, but I'm so dang excited that it's the weekend, and so burned out from school this week that I don't want to do it! :)

Well, the title I gave to this post is "Seen At BYU" because lately i have been seeing a LOT of odd things!! First of all, I saw a REALLY creepy pedophilish guy, you know with the UGLY mustache on campus the other day. Well, as if I wasn't creeped out enough already, I look down to see that his t-shirt says "Creepy is the new cool!!!" Thank goodness he cleared that up for me! Especially because the next day I realized he is in one of my classes! EW!! I also saw him again on campus yesterday, and guess what, his shirt was pink and it had a carousel on it. YUP!!!

Other things I've seen? A guy laying on the cement in the plaza in front of the JFSB . . . umm weird? Is he dead? Did he pass out? Is he taking a nap? Ummm what the random? Not even on the grass, a bench, or a platform where people won't be walking all around him. OKAY! (funny sidenote, there was actually an Emergency Medical Services vehicle outside that building before I went into class, and that guy was laying there when I came out, but the van was gone. Did they forget to take their patient with them?? LOL!

As one of the few married girls on campus, I also find it really funny to watch guys try to flirt with girls they clearly have never met before. Ex: Yesterday while walking home I pass a girl and a guy both retrieving their bikes from the bike rack. Guy: "I think you're lying, I swear I know you!" Girl: "umm why would I lie about where I went to High School, I promise it was Springville." Guy (laughing): "Stop playing!! I know you didn't!" Girl (now looking weirded out): "I really don't know you." and she walked away. WOW!

Alright well, I really do need to do homework, but this will be my new place to vent, instead of facebook. When you're posting more on your own page than other people are, that's just sad! :)

1 comment:

  1. i found your blog, hooray! i am adding you to my list :)

    and i totally agree about the flirting on campus bit! it's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete