Thursday, September 23, 2010

Missionary Moments

So last week when I posted, I talked about how much I was missing my mission. Well this week, I guess the mission has been thinking of me too because I've had some GREAT experiences!!! Last night, Maria Hernandez, one of the most amazing members I know in Riverside called me. I was soooo excited to talk to her that I almost cried!! It's been months since we've really been able to chat because of many things going on in both our lives (she moved, didn't have a phone, didn't have internet service, I got married, moved, moved again, etc.). She is so incredible and makes me so happy just hearing her voice!

Then, Ashley Warrick, a daughter of a woman I taught in Temecula, came to visit us in Provo!! Jessica (another friend from T-Mec) and I had lunch with her today in the cougareat on campus, and had so much fun catching up with her!

Then, later this afternoon, just before I left work at the MTC, I went to the cafeteria to return something to them and I almost couldn't believe my eyes! Walking toward me was Sister Lia Batchkoff, one of the cutest and sweetest girls I met in Moreno Valley. We both were soooooo excited to see each other, it was so unreal! I have seen her a few times already, but it's been a little while. She is soooo incredibly strong and I can tell she has the spirit with her constantly. She is going to have SUCH a TREMENDOUS impact on the people she serves in Albuquerque, New Mexico!!

One thing I haven't shared with many people, is that when I was set apart for my mission, I was told that the people I met would not be new acquaintances, but they would be great friends from the pre-earth life. I totally believe that is true, and I'm soooo grateful that I served where the Lord wanted me to be, so that these amazing friends could be a part of my existence in THIS life, as well as the one before, and the one to come!! All of you that I served, or served with, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment