Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Okay, it's been awhile since I updated this, but I'm sitting here at work at 6:48 AM with nothing going on so I thought I'd take the time! :) This week has just been fabulous!!! First of all, let me just say I LOOOOOOOOVE holidays!!! I love to find ways to celebrate, just for fun, even if they have nothing to do with the holiday! But this week was a fun one!

We had a great time going to see "Dispicable Me," with the Sorenson's! They are such a fun couple, that we are lucky to live near to. Aaron, the husband is a friend from Jeff's mission, and now we are all in the same ward! I love it! I also loved the movie. It was sooooo good! I can't wait to buy it on dvd when it comes out!

For Halloween, Jeff and I dressed up as Harry Potter characters. I was Hermione, and he dressed up as Malfoy. We thought about putting signs on our back that said, "Opposites attact" but we ran out of time. We had a lot of fun looking around at different thrift shops, but ended up not getting anything for our costumes, and instead got me an awesome new wallet and scarf. Our costumes turned out pretty good for only using things we already had (I'll load a picture soon!), including our wands made out of bamboo that Jeff had to decorate his apartment during his single life! We had a great ward activity that night, with a catered dinner that was pretty good (that is, unless you count the strands of spider web decorations that somehow got mixed in!

After the activity, I dropped Jeff off to watch his beloved USC football game (which they lost, unfortunately), and I headed to my parents house to play a fun game of life, pass out candy to trick-or-treaters, and ate cookie dough!

Last but not least, Jeff, Christie and I then went to see Toy Story 3 (another great movie!) and had so much fun! Our theater was packed, and it was such a great crowd! We were all laughing so hard!!!

Yesterday, (Sunday, the REAL Halloween) was great as well! We had an amazing lesson at church where our Bishop (based on a meeting with L. Tom Perry) encouraged us all to simplify our lives, to determine what matters most, and to serve in the temple, not only doing work ourselves, but actually becoming ordinance workers. I was definitely inspired during his talk, and can't wait to make some changes in my life relative to what he spoke on! We have such a fantastic ward! We had a great time with our district as well last night, eating cinnamon rolls, pumpkin pie, and visiting teaching/home teaching one another. Mmmmm, soooo good!

We topped off the night with a bunch of friends, a scary movie, donuts, cupcakes, and hot chocolate!! I love this time of year when you show family and friends really how important they are to you. I'm so grateful for MY family and friends. Jeff and I have been so blessed! :) I love you all and hope you had a happy holiday too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment